Tuesday, January 9, 2007

A glimpse of village China...day trip to Zhujiajiao

Today Tony's parents took us to the town of Zhujiajiao to get a glimpse of an old canal town. It's about an hour outside of Shanghai, well-visited by tourists these days, yet beautiful. Pa says the canal is probably 1000 years old. At that time, people traveled by water through the canals - there weren't roads over long distances. We strolled around, took a boat ride, had a hot local lunch, and did a bit of shopping. It felt a little like being on the set of a historic movie. Lovely place. Here are a few photos...






1 comment:

JM said...

Hi there!

I thought I would comment through your blog, rather than email you, so you know its working.

I started my job at the School of Nursing. I am the Web Content Manager - which translates as "the person who translates computer to English and can help me with this!"

Anyway, I love your pictures. Courtney, you're doing great with your blog. I have several-for various different things. If you click on my "signature" (JM) it will take you to my profile page.

Take care! Happy New Year

Joanne